Wednesday, September 20, 2017

GJ Bu Light Novel Translation




GJ Bu Volume 1 is completed translated while Volume 2 is partially translated. You can find them here : https://gjbuthetranslation.wordpress.com/

I've decided to start from Volume 3 instead. The translations will also be co hosted on Baka Tsuki here: https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=GJ-Bu

Available Translations:
1. Volume 3 Chapter 1

GJ Club
GJ部
Author: Shin Araki
Illustrator: Aruya
Publisher: Shogakukan
Genre: Slice of Life, Comedy, School

Introduction:

Shinomiya Kyōya is forced to become a new member of the GJ-bu (lit. GJ Club), an unidentified club that dwells in a room of the former building of a certain school. There he meets four girls: Mao, Megumi, Shion and Kirara. Time flies with these unique girls around. The series follows the everyday, though unusual, antics of this band of friends.
Gah, I really wanted to continue translating Aitsuko, but I have too much on my plate to take on such a heavy project as of now. I've also handed over the Zero No Tsukaima translation over to Immorrel, and he's making great progress. I still want to translate something though, so I was looking around and finally I saw this reddit post.

I read GJ Bu a few years back. Who knew you could do a 4-koma light novel and make it so interesting, huh? So I guess this would be my current project. Each chapter is short, so it would not take as much time as researching Aitsuko word play or Zero No Tsukaima lore for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment