Friday, February 20, 2015

Chapter 1 Translation is Completed!

Currently quite busy with mid terms and projects T-T but still! Translating Aitsuko is pretty fun anyway! 

I was preparing an intro page on the side characters in Aitsuko but somehow that got delayed to make way for the straight up translation of the remaining 30% of the first chapter. 

So, the novel is currently translated to 100% of Volume 1, Chapter 1.

 Anyway, I did get to read a few light novels along the way, like the epic finale to Hime Gitsune no Servant, (姫狐の召使い/我的狐姬主人(狐姬的仆人)), which was based on, but not limited to the japanese harem novel, Hikaru Genji and onmyoji. The first thing that popped up in my head while reading it was Zero No Tsukaima, to which it bore some sort of semblance to, but is actually quite different from it.




Unfortunately, the story got compressed (in quite a good way that I'm pretty surprised) into an action packed final fourth book, which clears up all the plot branches except one minor one, as the author got sick. He delayed this novel for two years, and in his epilogue, he did say that the book was a tribute to ZnT's author, Noboru Yamaguchi. It seems that the story would have been stretched out in a few more books but the author did not want the series to end up hanging with his death...

It was a pretty good story though, and I do recommend it for people who like the fantasy semi-harem genre.

The other book I got to read, and got my mind blown away, was Kishimu Eden no Grimm Reaper. Now this, is something I have not seen for some time since Eiji Mikage's Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria. 



It's a relatively new book, only out last year, and I was glad I got past the deceivingly simple introduction, which made me thought it was a Date A Live clone.

The first chapter made me thought about Date A Live too, with the male protagonist having headaches and all.

Then I got to the second chapter.

I would not spoil anything for you, but what I can say was that the relationships in the story was developed pretty well with the plot and while it was from Dengeki Bunko, famous for its books that target the male audience, like Swort Art Online and Oreimo, this book actually suits the female audience pretty well too.

This book is recommended for people who love romance fantasy action science fiction stories (actually not really science fiction, but then again...) .

Unfortunately both books are currently only available in Japanese and Chinese so we'll have to wait for someone in Baka Tsuki to take them up. Both are heavy though, with the latter taking up half a year to translate even to chinese. 

Happy Chinese New Year, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment